January 29, 2010 § Leave a Comment
Besides great movies, music and delicious food is awaiting you:
Local talent Nui Keetawan will play on Friday night, between 18.00 and 19.00. Sam Panacea, who jammed with Grateful Dead member Bob Weir, will perform on Saturday. Sam was the initiator of the legendary Prana House on Koh Tao and played with Grateul Dead member Bob Weir in the 1990s. He also toured extensively in Australia, USA, Germany, Spain, and Japan. Please arrive early on both Friday and Saturday nights as the live music performance will take place between 18.00 and 19.00 (first screening).
Australian chef Lisa Lu and her team of inspired kitchen fairies will be in charge of catering (vegetarian/vegan)…
January 12, 2010 § Leave a Comment
The Official Selection for the upcoming 2010 festival is now finalized:
FRIDAY 12 FEB 2010:
- Huldufólk 102 (Iceland, 2006, 74 mins.)
- Tapped (USA, 2009, 76 mins.)
- The Age of Stupid (UK, 2009, 92 mins.)
- PolyCultures: Food Where We Live (USA, 2009, 56 mins.)
SATURDAY 13 FEB 2010:
- Food Fight (USA, 2008, 81 mins.)
- No Impact Man (USA, 2009, 92 mins.)
- Voice over the Bridge (Myanmar, 2008, 24 mins.)
- SPECIAL FEATURE – to be announced friday night at PFF
SUNDAY 14 FEB 2010:
- Addicted to Plastic – The Rise and Demise of a Modern Miracle (Canada, 2008, 85 mins.)
- How Green Was Our Valley (Iran, 2009, 32 mins.)
- Beetle Queen Conquers Tokyo (Japan, 2008, 75 mins.)
- Fierce Light – When Spirit Meets Action (Canada, 2008, 98 mins.)
See http://www.phanganfilmfestival.com/films.html for more information and trailers…
January 6, 2010 § Leave a Comment
Our final submission deadline is past, we’re now going through the last films and expect to finalize this year’s program within the week. So check back soon to see what will be on the big screen this february. Wishing you all a sublime 2010!
December 22, 2009 § Leave a Comment
As 2009 is coming to its end, we at PFF are approaching some important deadlines:
- Filmmakers from around the globe are invited to send us their work by no later than 5 January 2010 (postmarked).
- Businesses interested in affiliating themselves with the festival please indicate their interest by no later than the end of the year, 31 December 2009. We’ll produce some TV commercials in January and would love to incorporate your logo. For more information email Eyal at email@example.com
Happy Holidays to you and your families!
November 30, 2009 § Leave a Comment
After a successful collaboration for this August’s inaugural Samui Film Fest we are stoked to announce that Lomprayah opted to sponsor also the Phangan sister event. Festival trailers will be on display in all catamarans coming to Phangan from both the main land and Samui for the month preceeding the event. A great opportunity for sponsors to get some extra exposure…
June 27, 2009 § Leave a Comment
HUMTOO is a (free) online community connecting content creators and music makers across the globe. HUMTOO operates a project marketplace for projects in search of music, as well as a user generated production music library.
HUMTOO is also running HUMFEST – a new project development initiative for the best short film uploaded on HUMTOO in search of music, and also for the best music pitched for that short film.
HUMTOO will give AU$1000/US$650/£450/€556 to the best short film uploaded to the site as a project in search of music. HUMTOO will also give the same amount to the music maker who wins that project. This money will help you to continue making great short films and great music!
More information can be found at www.humtoo.com
May 31, 2009 § Leave a Comment
May 2, 2009 § Leave a Comment
Dear friends of SFF,
Preparations for the first annual Samui Film Festival are in progress, we’re actively looking for sponsors and supporters these days as well as the ideal screening location. Stay tuned for more soon.
April 29, 2009 § Leave a Comment
Opening shortly – we are looking forward to receiving your work! Submit today and profit from a better rate. Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us and many more…